The name “Elliott Cove” means, and is used by us to refer to Elliott Cove Capital Management LLC, a limited liability company formed under the laws of the State of Washington.
Elliott Cove Capital Management is an investment adviser registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. Investment products and services referenced in this web site, including the Elliott Cove Portfolios, are offered and sold by Elliott Cove Capital Management and its investment adviser representatives. An investment adviser representative employed by Elliott Cove Capital Management also may be employed in a different capacity by a financial institution with which Elliott Cove Capital Management has an investment advisory services agreement. However, that individual may not, as an employee of the financial institution, engage in any offering or sale of securities or investment services.
Elliott Cove is also an insurance agency licensed by the State of Washington. Insurance products and services referenced in this web site are offered and sold by Elliott Cove and its licensed insurance agents. An insurance agent employed by Elliott Cove Insurance Agency also may be employed in a different capacity by a financial institution with which Elliott Cove Insurance Agency has an insurance services agreement. However, that individual may not, as an employee of the financial institution, engage in any offering or sale of insurance products or services.
Investment adviser representatives of Elliott Cove Capital Management also may be insurance agents of Elliott Cove Insurance Agency and insurance agents of Elliott Cove Insurance Agency also may be investment adviser representatives of Elliott Cove Capital Management.
The Elliott Cove Portfolios were formed in 2002 except for the Core Allocation Portfolio, created in September of 2005 and the Capital Preservation Portfolio, created in May of 2009. Therefore, the returns shown under the headings “Comparative Returns” and “30 Year Growth of $25,000” (20 Year Growth, in the case of the Capital Preservation Portfolio) represent hypothetical past performance of an investment in various DFA funds, do not reflect actual investments of money in any Elliott Cove Portfolio, and may not reflect the impact that material economic and market factors might have had on Elliott Cove’s management of the Portfolios if it were actually managing the Portfolios during the time period described. Elliott Cove was not managing Portfolios according to the strategies shown for the entire period shown. The hypothetical results assume a quarterly rebalancing of the Portfolio, reinvestment of all dividends and distributions, and the monthly payment of the appropriate portion of a 1.85% annual management fee and a .30% annual transaction/custodial fee. On 1/1/2006, this annual transactional/custodial fee was decreased to .25% and on 1/1/2014, decreased to .22%. On 10/1/2014 the annual management fee was decreased from 1.85% to 1.65%. The hypothetical results are based on the actual past performance of the DFA funds comprising the portfolio up to the 10-year returns. All changes to the composition and allocation of the model portfolio were replicated in the actual portfolios since September of 2002 except for the Core Allocation Portfolio. The 30-year (20-Year, in the case of the Capital Preservation Portfolio) hypothetical results are based on simulated data supplied by DFA. Past performance is no guarantee of future results or returns. The dividend adjusted S&P 500 Index is presented solely to provide a tool for judging the risk and returns of the Portfolios relative to this widely recognized market indicator. Due to substantial differences between the S&P 500 Index, and the Portfolio’s composition, the Index is not intended to be used as a performance benchmark for the Elliott Cove Portfolios. The Elliott Cove All Equity Portfolio invests in mutual funds that invest in international financial instruments, small and micro-cap stocks, real estate securities and a money market fund which are not reflected in the S&P 500. The Elliott Cove Aggressive, Moderate, Core Allocation and Balanced Portfolios invest in mutual funds that invest in international financial instruments, small and micro-cap stocks, real estate securities, bonds and a money market fund which are not reflected in the S&P 500. The Elliott Cove Conservative and Capital Preservation Portfolios invest in mutual funds that invest in real estate securities, bonds and a money market fund which are not reflected in the S&P 500. In addition, the equity securities comprising the S&P 500 will differ from the securities held in the Portfolios. Fund and S&P 500 data provided by Dimensional Fund Advisors and Morningstar, Inc. The Portfolios are not FDIC insured, and there can be no assurance that the Portfolios will not decline in value. The investor may lose some or all of his or her investment in the Portfolios.
In November of 1999, Congress enacted the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA). The GLBA requires certain financial institutions, such as investment adviser firms, to protect the privacy of customer information. In situations where a financial institution does disclose customer information to non-affiliated third parties, other than permitted or required by law, customers must be given the opportunity to opt out or prevent such disclosure. Elliott Cove Capital Management (ECCM) does not share or disclose customer information to non-affiliated third parties except as permitted or required by law.
ECCM is committed to safeguarding the confidential information of its clients. ECCM holds all personal information provided by clients in the strictest confidence and it is the objective of ECCM to protect the privacy of all clients. Except as permitted or required by law, ECCM does not share confidential information about clients with non-affiliated parties. If there were to be a change in this policy, ECCM will provide clients with written notice and clients will be provided an opportunity to direct ECCM as to whether such disclosure is permissible.
To conduct regular business, ECCM may collect personal information from sources such as:
- Information reported by the client on applications or other forms the client provides to ECCM
- Information about the client’s transactions implemented by ECCM or others
- Information developed as part of financial plans, analyses or investment advisory services
To administer, manage, service and provide related services for client accounts, it is necessary for ECCM to provide access to customer information within the firm and to non-affiliated companies, (including custodians and banks we contract with), with whom ECCM has entered into agreements. To provide the utmost service, ECCM may disclose the information below regarding customers and former customers, as necessary, to companies to perform certain services on ECCM’s behalf.
- Information ECCM receives from the client on applications (name, Social Security number, address, assets, )
- Information about the client’s transactions with ECCM or others (account information, payment history, parties to transactions, )
- Information concerning investment advisory account transactions
- Information about a client’s financial products and services transaction with ECCM
Electronic Message Disclaimers
All electronic messages that you receive from one or more of Elliott Cove Capital Management and their respective affiliates will have been sent subject to and conditioned on the General Disclaimers set forth below and on the following:
- Email messages are confidential communications between sender and recipient. Communications that are erroneously transmitted do not waive this confidentiality or any privilege. You are prohibited from using, disseminating, forwarding or reproducing an email or email attachments not intended for you.
- You may not use email to request, authorize or effect the purchase or sale of any security or the transfer of any funds except as expressly authorized by Elliott Cove. Prior to Elliott Cove accepting or processing any such request or authorization or related order or instruction, you must have opened an account with Elliott Cove and executed and delivered such contracts, agreements, authorizations and other documentation relating to the same as Elliott Cove, in its discretion, may require. Thereafter, requests for purchases and sales of securities and fund transfer instructions may be sent by email but will not be effective unless and until you have received notice from Elliott Cove acknowledging receipt of the request or instruction and accepting the same.
- Elliott Cove reserves the right, to the extent permitted by application law, to monitor electronic communications and store messages in a manner and at a location determined by Elliott Cove in its discretion.
- This paragraph constitutes notice as contemplated by U.S. Treasury Circular 230. Elliott Cove does not render advice to anyone on tax or tax accounting matters. Communications from Elliott Cove are not intended or written to be used, and may not under any circumstances be used by any taxpayer, for the purpose of avoiding penalties that may be imposed on a taxpayer under U.S. federal income tax laws. Investors should consult their own legal, tax or other advisors, both at the onset of a transaction and on an ongoing basis, to determine the laws, rules and regulations applicable in the circumstances.
- Data relating to performance of Elliott Cove portfolios or other funds or securities reflect and represent past performance. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance or results, which may be higher or lower than those previously achieved. No representation or warranty is made respecting achievement of results. Average annual total returns include reinvestment of dividends and capital gains.
Elliott Cove investment products are NOT insured by the FDIC or NCUA, are NOT deposits of or guaranteed by any bank or credit union, and may be subject to risk, including the possible loss of principal.